Level One-Basic Obedience
The level one program is designed to help your dog become a well mannered canine companion both in and outside of the home. We achieve this by teaching basic obedience, manners and skills to you and your dog.
Classes run weekly and are one hour in length. In order to ensure personalized attention, classes are purposely kept small. There is additional time after class to discuss training concerns and answer any questions.
Goals upon completion of level one are:
- To greet people and dogs appropriately.
- Come when called under various distractions.
- Loose leash walking.
- To focus under distraction.
- To ignore objects upon command.
- Maintain a stay in the sit and down position.
Level 2 and 3
Level 2 and 3 build on the foundation work from the level one program to an intermediate and advanced level. These skills include;
- A further understanding of hand signals.
- Better communication and focus between dog and owner.
- Distance recalls with finishes under greater distractions.
- Loose leash walking and formal heeling.
- An introduction to canine dog sports (fun agility).
- Sphinx drop.
- Ignoring objects upon command, off leash.
We offer private lessons for owners who prefer one-on-one attention. Private lessons are available at the academy or in your own home.
"Everything was great. I never thought my dog would do so well so fast."